How to watch Amazon Prime Video on Different Devices: Complete Guide
Amazon Prime Video is one of the best platforms to watch movies and TV shows continuously on the internet. You can now watch your favorite shows not only on your laptop or computer but also on your Smart TV and streaming sticks. It is also available on a few selected set-top boxes at a cheaper cost. People who don’t have Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV cube can also enjoy Amazon prime video with their family and loved ones. Today in this article we will discuss which devices you can watch Amazon prime video and how you can activate it on the particular device.
Which devices are compatible with Amazon Prime Video?
It is important to give importance to a point that not every streaming device is compatible with Amazon Prime Video. The reason behind this is that there are many new streaming devices and Amazon currently is in partnership with reputed streaming devices. The following is the list of devices where you can watch Amazon Prime Video:
- In the category of mobile devices every operating system is compatible with the Amazon Prime Video. Amazon Prime Video application is available on both the Play Store and Apple Store.
- All Smart TVs from top manufacturers are compatible with Amazon Prime videos like Samsung, Sharp, LG, Sony, Apple TV, etc.
- Amazon Fire TV as well as Amazon Fire Stick.
- Streaming Devices like Roku, Google Chromecast, Nvidia Sheild, etc.
- Selected Blu-ray Players
Apart from that there are few tablets and other devices that support Amazon Prime Video. If you want to know whether your device is compatible with Amazon Prime video or not then visit the official website using amazon.com/mytv and connect your device with the Amazon Prime Video Account.
Watch Amazon Prime on a Smart TV via amazon.com/mytv
If you own a smart TV and you haven’t activated Amazon Prime Video then you are missing entertainment to a high extent. Follow the below-stated steps to activate Amazon Prime Video on your Smart TV now:
- GO to the home page of the Smart TV and search for Amazon Prime Video.
- Amazon App will open in front of you. Here you will find “Register on the Amazon Website” and “Sign in and Start”. Choose an option as per your requirement.
- Further you will get the activation or verification code. You need to save it for later use.
- Now visit www.amazon.com/mytv and create your amazon account. If you already have an account then sign in to your account.
- In the next screen enter the activation or verification code. And you are all set to enjoy amazing movies and shows on your Smart TV.
How to watch Amazon Prime on a Gaming Console?
Yes, you heard it right. You can watch amazon prime video on a gaming console as well. Follow the below-stated steps to make it happen:
- Initially download the Amazon Prime Video from the console app store. If you already have Amazon Prime video then move to the next step.
- Go to the Amazon prime video application and then sign in with your Amazon Prime Video account. If you don’t have an account then create one first.
- After Sign in you are all set to watch your favorite movies and TV shows.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on Streaming Devices?
As we earlier said that you don’t need to buy any extra device to watch Amazon Prime Video if you already have a Streaming device. To watch Amazon Prime Video on your streaming device you need to follow a few easy and quick steps stated below:
- Go to the app store of the streaming device and search for Amazon Prime Video.
- Then add it to your channels and move to the next step.
- Now you need to open the application and register your streaming device with the Amazon Prime Video. The following are the two ways by which you can do the same:
- If you already have an account then go to the Sign in and start watching” option.
- If you don’t have Amazon Prime Account then click on “Register on amazon website”. As a result you will get a verification code. Use that verification code on amazon.com/mytv to register your device.
After the completion of the above process you will be able to watch amazon prime video on your streaming device.
Note: Amazon prime video is not compatible with all streaming devices. To check compatibility visit the app store of the device, if you will be able to find amazon prime video application only then you can watch it on your streaming device. Roke, Xbox, Google Chrome cast are for streaming devices that are compatible with Amazon Prime Video.
Are you able to download movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon prime video allows users to download their favorite shows and videos to watch later. This option is helpful for those users who want to enjoy Amazon Prime Video in offline mode. If you registered your devices with the help of amazon.com/mytv then you can easily watch the downloaded videos on your device. To download your favorite videos on Amazon Prime Video following the below stated steps:
- Open the amazon prime video application and search for your favorite tv show or movie.
- Now scroll down and look for the “Download” option.
- Click on the button and Amazon prime video will automatically start downloading the video.
Amazon Prime video allow their users to download videos in three different formats such as SD, HD, and 4k Ultra HD quality so that users can download as per their required video quality.
To watch amazon prime video on any device you always need to register the device on the Amazon Prime video using www.amazon.com/mytv. Apart from that the above stater processes to watch amazon prime video on different types of devices must be the same for all brands. On a few devices you may follow one or two extra steps. Perhaps you may find difficulties or sort of errors while the activation process. To know the solution you can reach out technical support of your particular device. Otherwise, you can also contact us. We will do our best to help you out.